National Trauma Data Bank - www.ntdsdictionary.org
In this section you will find a variety of articles and publications related to NTDB and trauma registry data collection.
Most of these articles require the FREE Adobe Acrobat Reader®, if you do not have a copy of Reader on your machine, you can download a free version by visiting adobe.com.
Windows: Simply right click on the links below and choose "save target as..." from the drop down menu.
Mac: Simply "control-click" on the links below and choose "download link to disk" from the drop down menu.
- NTDB Support Letter From NASEMSO (May 18, 2006) (pdf)
- Download the NASEMSO support letter. Read more about the letter.
NTDB® Data Points
- Deposit the bull's-eye (PDF) - Bulletin of the American College of Surgeons, Volume 91, Number 6
by Richard J. Fantus, MD, FACS, Chicago, IL, and John Fildes, MD, FACS, Las Vegas, NV
Trauma Registry Comparisons
- Are Statewide Trauma Registries Comparable? Reaching for a National Trauma Dataset (pdf)
by N. Clay Mann PhD, MS, et al, ACADEMIC EMERGENCY MEDICINE 2006;13:946-953
- Comparision of State Inclusion (Exclusion) Criteria for Trauma Registries (MS Excel Doc)
- Comparision of State Inclusion (Exclusion) Criteria for Trauma Registries (PDF)
- Trauma Variables Collected In State Registries (MS Excel Doc)
NTDB Annual Reports