National Trauma Data Bank - www.ntdsdictionary.org
NTDS 2015 Admissions Data Dictionary
The NTDS 2013 Admissions Data Dictionary provides
over 50 definitions that can be implemented
by a trauma registry system.
National data elements are defined that should be collected for the National Trauma Database, but additional data elements should be considered for use at the state and hospital levels depending on each state or local hospital’s needs.
Windows: Simply right click on the links below and choose "save target as..." from the drop down menu.
Mac: Simply "control-click" on the links below and choose "download link to disk" from the drop down menu.
The Data Dictionary has over 50 elements. Information provided in the dictionary includes the following:
- Name of the data element
- Definition of the data element
- Data type of the data element (many data elements have comments provided to assist in the implementation of a database schema and the Version 2 XML standard)
- How to deal with missing or incomplete information
- The variables associated with each data element
- Which EMS variables can be used to link to the NTDB dataset.
- A data scheme describing how variables contained in the NTDB Data set are related.
- What edit checks are associated with the use of the data elements
- A list of data elements that are auto-populated within the dataset or variables auto-generated from values collected in the NTDB.
- A glossary providing definitions for variables and values utilized in the NTDB.